One thing I was quickly reminded of about traveling with my family is that nothing happens fast. My parents did not leave Las Cruces until late morning, so Joshua and I spent the day wandering the mall and having lunch. I got a call from my mom saying they would be in around 4 so I figured we had time. But, my parents forgot about the time change so they actually got in around 3 and we were not home. But, no problem they just got settled in at my house.

Joshua and I headed home and got there about half an hour after they did and my house looked like a bomb went off in it. Between Joshua's stuff and their stuff you could not move in my little house. It was crazy, there were people everywhere and Tau and Kali were just wigged out. But, we made it work. I BBQ'd outside for dinner and that was nice, less to clean up. Everyone eventually went to bed but me and Josh and we stayed up visiting.

Tuesday came and the family wanted to take the train up to Santa Fe for lunch. First they wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast so we went there. I also discovered that I do not agree with my parents form of child raising. Devon was upset over not getting a toy and after several minutes of him pitching a fit, it was time for Aunt Cindy to intervene. I took him outside and explained that when he was with me throwing a fit in public was not acceptable by any means. He calmed down and the day carried on without anymore problems.

I tried to explain that the restaurant they wanted to go to in Santa Fe was not really their type of food. But, it had been recommended by their pastor so I took them there and after seeing the menu and finding out they do not serve steak they agreed it was not what they wanted to we left. I tried to explain to them that New Mexicans were not really big on steak and if you wanted one you went to a steakhouse not a regular restaurant and the same went for seafood. I reminded them we live in the desert and this is a state with roots in Mexico and Spain so our food revolved around that mostly. I don't think they were impressed. Oh well.

Once back at my house I sent my parents off for a night out, they wanted to go to the casino and Josh and I were going to babysit the kids. We started off by going to Sunflower Market for fruit and vegetables to snack on, since I don't keep a lot of junk food in the house. Then we went to Mama's Minerals, so Joe could see the rocks and then to the grocery store for dinner. The kids wanted hot dogs and french fries. We did that and settled down and watched tv at my house. It was a great evening for everyone. Mom and dad hit the casino and then went out to dinner and Josh and I played with the kids. There was no drama or trauma and we all had a good time.

I was planning on taking them up into the Jemez Mountains the next day so everyone went to their respected sleeping spots for the night.