I almost forgot the most important part of my parents visit. After they all left for home, Joshua and I decided we needed some therapy. So we did what I do when I need therapy I go shopping. I felt that after all the stress I deserved to feed my addiction for bowls. So we hit Central to go antique shopping. There was one store in particular I wanted to go since it is always closed when I go down there.

We stopped in and I found several wonderful vintage Pyrex bowls but I was not ready to settle for one in particular just yet. Almost to the end of my tour of this huge store I found a little booth with vintage purses. Bowls and purses in the same place, I truly found Mecca. I discovered an amazing 1950 black lizard skin purse that almost made me cry it was so perfect.

I can't tell you how excited I am with my new purse. I love all things 50's, from the furniture, to the clothes, shoes, cars and most definitely purses. I find the clothes, shoes and purses from the 50's to be very girly and I love love love them.

So my gift to myself for surviving my vacation was a 1950 purse in mint condition. I do love giving myself presents.