For the last few years for Joshua's birthday we have taken a trip. First to the Grand Canyon, last year I went up there and this year he is here so we have decided to take a trip to Monterey, California together. I am so excited about my upcoming trip. This is some place that I have never been and have always wanted to go. I have been to California a few times, I have been to San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Ventura and drove through LA. But I have always wanted to go to Monterey because of Monterey Bay.

Monterey Bay has just about everything a marine lover could want. They have whales, dolphins, otters, seals and most importantly great white sharks. For the past 4 or 5 years Monterey Bay Aquarium has been able to exhibit a great white shark in their Outer Bay Aquarium. The sharks have all been caught in fishing nets and they are all infants. The aquarium has been able to house them in the exhibit and learn so much from them that you can not get in the wild. Once the shark is large enough and starts to exhibit their natural tendency to hunt they release it back into the bay. Last year the one they had was only on exhibit a few weeks it would not eat properly and so it was released in back into the wild. I am hoping and begging all the Gods that they have one for me to see while I am there. The only definite plans I know of besides the aquarium is a sailing trip that Joshua was interested in.

My plan is to leave Albuquerque on September 2nd and drive as far as we can. It is only 1000 miles so I can do it easily in one day if I want to. But we are not rushing it. We will spend Friday sailing and going to the aquarium. Saturday and Sunday we will just explore and see what we can find and head home on Monday. This will be the best trip I have had in a long time. It will just be me and Joshua and Phyllis if she wants to come. The dogs are staying home for this trip. I have a co worker who is a pet sitter on the side. She will live at my house while I am gone and take care of all the animals. This way Tau & Kali do not have to spend any time in a kennel while we enjoy the bay and aquarium. They will be much happier at home being pampered.

This will definitely be an adventure, Joshua and I will be traveling to a part of the country neither of us have been before and we are doing it on our own. Which means I have to start really studying the maps on mapquest to determine the best routes to take. I want routes with little construction delays and detours. That way I am not wasting time sitting in traffic.

If anyone of you have been out this way send me an email with ideas on things to do while we are there.

Don't you just want to kiss that little face?