When I started dating my guides were very specific about staying unattached. I am still not sure I know what this means but I agreed to give it a whirl. When I started dating my astrologer told me the only person that had a snowballs chance in hell of having a relationship with me would be a fellow workaholic. So basically I was adviced to find a workaholic that I could stay unattached to.
I am was not sure this was remotely possible but low and behold I found a fellow workaholic that I really liked. However, when he explained his job to me I was concerned because it sounded complicated...not the job but the effects it had on his life. I told him it sounded complicated and I was a bit concerned because I have already had the complicated relationship. Where the simplest decisions were treated as life altering decision by him. I really did not want to revisit that lifestyle. I have learned to live a simple life where if I can't decide what to eat for dinner I just don't eat anything versus allowing that thought to take over my mood and therefore torturing all those around me. But, he assured me that he was able to keep the two separate. So I agree to give it a go. I did tell him that if I felt it was interfering I would put a stop to right away. I explained that I in no way wanted to repeat any past relationships and I was going to be diligent in looking for any signs of a repeat relationship. I really wanted to be up front with him on what I expected and how I would respond. Not that being up front always helps in a realtionship but at least I knew I had giving him far warning.
Several weeks went by and things were good, we did not get to see each other on a regular basis due to our work schedules but we talked a lot via email and the phone. When we did see each other it was great. The guides would remind me that this was an unattached non permenant relationship and I agreed each time. As the weeks have gone by the relationship has fizzled out to pretty much nothing. He explained that his busy time was now through June. I told him I understood. However, even in the busy time a note is something I expect to receive at least once a week or how am I suppose to know he is still interested? But, I no longer get messages from him. He would respond if I sent him a message but after a few weeks he no longer instigated the messages. As I was thinking this over the other day, I realized here I was again at the point of do or die.
I have already done this relationship with #2. The relationship where I am not important enough in their life to correspond on their own, they will write if written to and answer if called, but once it gets to the point that they are not doing it on their own it is over for me. I asked my friends, if it was wrong to actually want to be chased for once in my life. Is it wrong to want to be pursued and courted? Why do I always have to be the one to do the courting?
Well I am not any longer. I decided that if he wants to have any form of relationship with me the ball is in his court. He can pursue me, I am not going to do anything more. So we will see, as far as I am concerned we are not in a relationship nor are we seeing each other. And, I am okay with this. Life is not about who you are seeing or dating but about what they bring to the table. At this point my table is bare and I have other things to do. So until he makes the next step there is nothing to look forward to. It is sad because I really liked him and I thought he felt the same but this is my life lesson. As long as I stay true to myself and keep in mind what I am wanting out of a partner then all will be well. But, as soon as I settle like all the times in the past it will get complicated and tiresome and I don't want that.
So now it is just me and the critters once again. Luckily there is nothing to let go of since we never got far. I also learned not to let it go far until I have been in the relationship long enough to know where it may lead. It certainly makes the clean up easier later on.