Yesterday was the day I finally was able to have the procedure I have been planning for several months now. There were rescheduled appointments, problems with various things on my part that caused us to have to wait. But, I finally got everything done yesterday. When I first mentioned the procedure without question my friends were supportive and encouraging and my ex wanted to know if I was having an abortion. He stated that I am very evasive in my posts so therefore he could only assume that was what I was having done.
He is correct I am evasive on some things and there are reasons behind that. The main reason is I have followers that I do not know. They enjoy the blog and read it like everyone else; they are however, strangers to me. This causes me to be a bit skittish about what information is given out regarding my private life. If it is something that my family and closest friends need to know, they are informed privately before anything is said on the blog.
But, I can in this case let everyone know what the big procedure was because it is done and over with. I was evasive about the procedure because I did not want to hear any one's opinion on the subject unless I asked for it. There are reasons behind my decision to have this procedure done and I will explain those as well. Yesterday I went to Presbyterian Hospital and saw my doctor and the easiest way to say it is that I was spayed. I don't know what you call it in the human world. But, I made the decision to be permanently alter so that I can no longer reproduce.
I realize this is not a big decision for people and most women I know have already done this. But, when I fist started thinking about it the response I got from people was "Why worry about it? You are not in a relationship" or my personal favorite "Just wait for menopause and use condoms." This is why I decided to keep my final decision private. I realize that I am not in a permanent relationship at the moment, but I am hoping one day that will change. I am pretty sure that sometime in the future I will meet a man that I will have a lasting relationship with and I am hoping that we will be able to move past the need for condoms. Of course this will be after every test for every transmittable disease and rabies comes back negative.
I also recall that when #3 and I got married he was all gung ho about having children and then that changed. Once he decided that he was not in the market for more children sex and ovulation became the biggest part of my life. God help me if he happened to mis-organism and then bug the shit out of me for the next 2 weeks worried that I may be pregnant. I knew I wasn't but he never learned to trust me so he never believed me. He would bitch and moan for days about how horrible it would be to have a kid and on and on. Thank every power that is out there it never happened and I never ever want to go through that again.
The next reason is because I don't want anymore kids. I have not wanted more kids since September 11, 1987 after going through labor and delivery. It was not fun then and I don't believe anything has changed on how they are born so it probably is no fun now. Besides, the idea of bringing an innocent person into the world as it is now does not appeal to me.
And as for waiting for menopause that was just unrealistic. Although I have no problem with menopause and I look forward to that transition into the final stage of the Goddess, I have no idea what age that could happen at. There is not one woman in my family that has ever gone through menopause naturally so I would be the first. It could happen in my 40's or 50's. Technically, I could have 5 years, 10 years or even 15 years before I go through menopause and the thought of being in a loving, supportive, caring relationship and having to worry about birth control at 50 sucks. So I chose this method to deal with it.
So there you have it folks, nothing dramatic, nothing traumatic and nothing sleazy, I simply got spayed.
PS: I did mention it to "the man" in passing a few weeks ago and as is his way, his response was "I support you in whatever you decide to do."