There really should be no reason at all for it. The last few days have been great for me. Friday was Beltane which is a Pagan holiday, we have 8 of them. Even though Beltane is not a major holiday it is still a fun reason to celebrate. Beltane is pretty much a fertility celebration. Remember with Pagan holidays they revolve around nature, the harvest, the livestock and life in general. So way back in the day they would gather on May 1st and celebrate Spring which is in full swing. They were getting ready to either plant their harvest or nurture what was already planted. Their livestock was giving birth to their babies and life was in abundance around them. So on Beltane they would stop and thank the God and Goddess for what they had and ask for good crops. The May Pole represents the God and Goddess, the pole being male (think for a minute you will figure it out) and the ribbons are the female. You hold onto the ribbons and dance around the May Pole to honor them and if you were a newly married couple you were asking for their blessings for fertility.
As a Beltane gift I finally bought my Ganesha wall hanging; my friend Jeanie came over and we hung him up on the back of my front door with the window behind his face. So in the morning the sun shines in and illuminates his face. It is just breath taking.
Saturday and Sunday I was off. I spent Saturday running around town doing the usual errands and what not. The day sucked, it was cold and rainy and I did not want to do anything. Sunday Harold and I drove up to Santa Fe and spent the day. We started off at the flea market, moved to the plaza, had lunch, shopped and then headed to Canyon Road. I wanted to go Project Tibet and Harold wanted to go look at $600 rugs made out of extra pieces of string. Once we accomplished that we drove around looking at all the houses in Santa Fe and stopped by the Liz Claiborne store and then headed home.
The night was finished up with dinner with some friends and then I headed home around 8:30 or 9 to start my chores. So all in all I had a really good weekend, full of friends and fun.
Monday, came and went without much of a notice. Tuesday, I had to go to the radio station and pick up a something for my nephew, Devin and then over to Presbyterian Hospital to pick up meds for my upcoming procedure on Friday. I just love having to take injections to the doctors office with you. You just know that if they can’t stock that medicine in their office and you have to go to the hospital pharmacy to get it because they are the only pharmacy that has it, it is something good.
Hopefully as the day progresses my mood will get better. I am having a small dinner party this evening with some friends. We will be grilling outside, in my now fully grassed yard. I actually mowed the yard last night. I still hate yard work but I love the grass. I hung up my Tibetan prayer flags that were a Beltane gift from Jeanie in my courtyard. They look wonderful, I will have to figure out a way to explain them to my parents when they come, but that will be another story. So tonight I am off to grill chicken, zucchini, squash and corn on the cob on my grill. I love my grill, it is a big one with lots of room for cooking. I would have never thought that I would actually ever pay money for a grill but I did when I first moved into my house and I use it a lot in the summer time. I have a rib eye in the fridge for later this week. I have been watching the cooking channel and Bobby Flay did grilled veggies the other day so I am going to try it tonight for my friends.